Friday, August 2, 2013

Syrup manicure with L'Oreal Miss Pixie and China Glaze Fairy Dust

I mentioned Miss Pixie from the L'Oreal Summer 2013 line in my last post, but I wanted to show off the syrup manicure I did with it.  Pardon the not-so-fantastic picture; it was overcast and I was using my phone camera.

Syrup manicures are ridiculously easy; you're just applying layers of a sheer or jelly polish that gradually cover the entire nail.  (A tutorial can be found at Polish Insomniac.)  For this I used Miss Pixie from L'Oreal's Miss Candy line for Summer 2013.  Miss Pixie is a bright, sheer royal blue with a shiny jelly finish.  The formula was fairly smooth, although it did have some minor streaking.

The glitter topping is China Glaze's Fairy Dust, a holographic, very fine microglitter in a clear base.  It's optional - the mani would work just as well without it or with a clear top coat, but the glitter topper adds sparkle and blurs any mistakes.  The polish itself felt kind of goopy, but a few drops of polish thinner should help with that next time.

This was my first attempt at syrup nails, and it didn't turn out quite the way I'd envisioned - I think I made the "bands" too wide - but it's still pretty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment